Access to a heated onsite Hydrotherapy Pool.
Our Hydrotherapy Pool provides a rehabilitative environment that can help to improve a multitude of conditions and injuries. Our pool is fitted with an overhead hoist system so everyone is able to access and benefit from time in the pool and from the equipment contained within, including our popular water treadmill.
Available at our headquarters in Maroochydore only, our qualified specialists can assist clients with significant mobility and physical impairments by creating hydrotherapy programs to suit individual needs.
So whether you, or someone you care for want to manage pain, increase mobility or need to focus on a specific area such as spinal cord injuries and cerebral palsy, we will create a hydrotherapy session that’s just right for you.
Our indoor Hydrotherapy Pool meets Queensland Health guidelines, and is heated so it can be enjoyed all year round.
What is Hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy is an effective form of low impact, pool based exercise that assists with pain relief, mobility and injury rehabilitation. It provides enormous benefits to people with a range of conditions or illnesses including but not limited to:
- Joint Replacements
- Back Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Stroke, Cerebral Palsy and other decreased Mobility conditions
- Cardiac Reconditioning
- Other Conditions eg MS, Parkinsons, Neurological Disorders
Hydrotherapy trains and conditions the balance, muscle and cardiovascular systems and provides benefits for health and wellbeing.
A fast and efficient method for increasing mobility, the resistance and buoyancy of the water helps with both lower limb strength and function, while the movement reduces impact on the affected joints.
Talk to our team today to find out more.
There are numerous benefits of Hydrotherapy, here are just a few:
- Reduces weight bearing for pain and weakness
- Reduces muscle spasticity, improving flexibility and overall range of movement of joints
- Mobilises, strengthens and lengthens muscles
- Fun and engaging experience in a calming environment
- Faster recovery from surgery
- Re-education and encouragement of normal movement including walking technique
- Allows for standing training for those unable to weight-bear out of water – leading to improvements in bone mineral density, lower limb strength and circulation.
- Reduces the fear of falling while providing a safe environment to practice complex balance, coordination and power activities
- Improves circulation through hydrostatic pressure
- Improves aerobic fitness and capacity
- Reduces stress and induces relaxation
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Improves balance and coordination
- Improved and re-trains motor control patterns
Hydrotherapy is ideal for:
- Postoperative patients
- People with spinal pain, postural pain or chronic pain
- People with arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions
- Post ‘whiplash’ sufferers
- Those needing a general improvement in flexibility, strength and fitness
- Athletes who are unable to carry out their normal training on land